Lorum ipsum dolor sit amet.
Date February 13, 2019
In this week’s #digitalsquareup video, Phil discusses the basics of user experience in web design.
User experience, or ‘UX’, focuses on having a deep understanding of people’s behaviours in respect of a website. Things like:
- What they need
- What they value
- What their abilities are
- and, what their limitations are
UX best practices promote improving the quality of the someone’s interaction with and perceptions of your product and any related services.
Factors that influence UX
At the core of UX is ensuring that users find value in what you are providing to them. So, in order for there to be a meaningful and valuable user experience, information must be:
- Useful: Your content should be original and fulfill a need
- Usable: Site must be easy to use
- Desirable: Image, identity, brand, and other design elements are used to evoke emotion and appreciation
- Findable: Content needs to be navigable and locatable onsite and offsite
- Accessible: Content needs to be accessible to people with disabilities
- Credible: Users must trust and believe what you tell them
I hope you found this useful, and remember if you have any digital marketing related questions tweet @YourStory_Leeds with the hashtag #digitalsquareup for your question to be answered in next week’s video.
Looking for help with your website marketing? Whether it is Web Design, Social Media or SEO, get in touch today to see how we can help.