Who we are and how to contact us
Story (UK) Digital Ltd is a digital marketing agency based in Leeds, UK that works with clients from multiple sectors in the UK and abroad. We help our clients to grow their business by providing website design and marketing services.
Our registered office is: The Old Brewery, High Court, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS2 7ES.
Our company registration number is 09637391.
You can contact us in the following ways:
By phone: 0113 880 5662
By email: email@example.com
On this website: yourstory.digital
By post at this address: The Old Brewery, High Court, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS2 7ES.
About this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice deetails how we will use and share the information that you provide to us. This notice refers to personal data collected by us via:
- Our website
- Phone calls
- Written correspondance
- Social media
- Enquiring about our services
- Purchasing services from us
If you access third-party websites through links on our website, you should be aware that these are outside of our control and those businesses will have their own privacy notices governing the use of personal data.
What data we collect
We might collect the following information about you:
- Job title / position
- Contact details (including email address)
- Demographics eg. postcode, personal preferences, interests
- Informtion generated by our relationship with you including business information and bank and financial details
- Informtion generated by visiting our website or connecting and engaging with our social media accounts
- Other information related to surveys and promotions
How we collect information
We might collect and process information that you provide during your correspondence with us. This could be but is not limited to:
- Giving information directly to us by filling in forms or other sections on our website.
- Requesting information on our services or downloads
- Communicating with us via email, telephone or written correspondence
We will only use your data when the law allows us to. Our legal basis for processing your personal data is:
- You have given us consent to process your data for any of the purposes laid out below
- Collecting information for the purpose of entering into a contract with Story (UK) Digital Ltd or for the purpose of fulfilling a contract
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation
- Legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and your interests or fundamental rights do not override those interests
The purposes for which we will collect and process your data are shown below:
- To manage our relationship and administer our business either as part of a contract or where we believe we have a legitimate interest to do so
- To carry out a contract or request
- Where we have a legitimate interest to keep you informed of our products or services by appropriate communication methods unless you’ve objected to us doing so
- Sending you marketing and information about our business via email if you have consented to it
- To contact you for market research purposes
We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise our website according to your interests.
We will not share your data with third-parties unless absolutely necessary. Instances may include, but are not limited to:
- Suppliers providing services to help us run our business or fulfil a contract
- Printers and email service providers or other suppliers who help us to send our newsletters and communications
- Where we are required to by law
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can unsubscribe from email communications at any time by clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ link at the foot of the email
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998, free of charge. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Your Story, The Old Brewery, High Court, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS2 7ES. Please provide a return address and contact email in order to receive your information.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate, but if you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You may also request that your information is deleted from our system at any time, free of charge, by writing to Your Story, The Old Brewery, High Court, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS2 7ES or emailing email@example.com.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances, we may anonymise your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you.
When the purposes for which we have collected the data for have ended we will retain and securely destroy your personal information in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
If you are unhappy with the way that we are processing your personal information, please contact us in the first instance in order for us to rectify the issue. You can use any of the contact methods listed on this page. If you are still unhappy then you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner. You can find more information on making a complaint on the Information Commissioner’s website – https://ico.org.uk/concerns
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure where reasonably possible. Unfortunately, transmission of data over the Internet is not completely secure. Although we endeavour to to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its security. Once we have received your data, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure your information.
We are often sent CVs by people looking for employment opportunities. In this instance, we will hold your CV for six months and we will contact you to let you know that this is happening.